|PARENTS & GUARDIANS|
Thank you for being your performer’s #1! Through your support they have become the performers who light up our stages and entertain our audiences. We are honored to have your performer participate with us and look forward to entertaining you at our family-fun events. To help your experience be the most it can be familiarize yourself with this page.
PARENTS PAGE TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Scroll down the page or Click on one of the categories below to get full details:
RULES, GUIDELINES & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Our judges are knowledgeable professionals in a variety of performance areas. Therefore, all judges’ decisions are final.
Disregard of the rules below can be cause for Point Deductions &/or Disqualification:
◦ Use of small props are permitted in each category if the dance is not dependent on them.
◦ 5 acrobatic moves/passes are allowed in any routine
◦ No Limit for acrobatic moves in the following categories: Acro, Character/Musical Theatre, Hip Hop, Open/Specialty & Productions.
◦ If you are unsure which category to enter, call the TE office or Open/Specialty is recommended.
◦ We offer casting opportunities for dancers and vocalists, through our ELITE TEAM, Song Singles & Music Videos.
– Style of dance that combines classical dance technique with precision acrobatic elements. It is defined by its athletic character, its unique choreography, which seamlessly blends dance and acrobatics, and its use of acrobatics in a dance context (must have at least 50% acrobatic moves).
– An artistic dance form performed to music using precise and highly formalized set steps and gestures performed in soft Ballet slippers. Classical ballet is characterized by light, graceful, fluid movements.
• CHARACTER/MUSICAL THEATRE & ACTING
– A form of theatrical performance or spoken dialogue. Routines also includes songs, vocals, lip sync, acting, instruments and dance.
– A type of folk dance in which the dancer’s footwear is used percussively by striking the heel, the toe, or both against a floor or each other to create audible rhythms, usually to the downbeat with the heel keeping the rhythm.
– Refers to street dance styles primarily performed to hip-hop music or that have evolved as part of hip-hop culture. It includes a wide range of styles primarily breaking, locking and popping. All tricks permitted.
• INSTRUMENTALIST (New This Season)
◦ A musical presentation in any genre or music.
• – A performance of a musical composition without vocals or dancers.
• – The music is primarily produced live by the performers using musical instruments.
• – For Instrumentalist performers who wish to have dancers and/or vocalists apart of their live performance may register in the Open/Specialty or Production Category’s.
◦ Timing; notes & keys are judged.
◦ Background music is I permitted if it does not contain the instrument(s) that the competitors are using.
• That’s Entertainment can provide 2 Microphones and/or XLR cables. (Requests for equipment or any other special needs must be made through the description box on DanceEra at the time of entry). *Schools are more than welcome to bring their own microphones, XLR cables, and/or equipment for their performances.
– A routine consisting of jazz technique, utilizing isolation, flexibility, jumps, etc.
– Classic or funk, not street or hip-hop.
– A routine that has lyrics & expresses the lyrics/storyline of the song, utilizing balance, extension & expression.
• MODELING: (contestants/competitors must provide their own music)
• – Will be judged on the presence & personality, overall appearance, and the sense of style & charm.
• – Long gowns are to be worn during formal modeling.
• – Should be performed to fun & upbeat music.
• – Attire can include “off the rack” or custom-made clothing and should complement the style & personality of the routine & contestant.
• – A routine using balance & control, contractions, fall/recovery, abstract or contemporary movements or routines more concentrated on choreographic and performing processes of utilizing ground work and level changes.
• – May include classical & modern movement.
• – This category is to accommodate dances that do not fit in any other categories.
• – Routines that include two or more dance styles.
• – For performers who have more than one routine in a category.
• – In an Open/Specialty routine, there is no limit to the acrobatic tricks.
• – Also includes specialty routines such as Ballroom, Irish Step, Ethnic, Folkloric, Pom/Cheer, Baton, Instrumental & Dance combined etc.
• – A routine that may be classical or contemporary style-wise, but MUST consist of classic pointe technique.
• – 75% of routine must be performed on pointe & using pointe shoes only.
• – Only open to SHOOTING STAR & ALL STAR levels.
• – 15 OR MORE PERFORMERS- Portrays a theme, Story, Broadway Musical, Play, Movie etc.- Should have props small, large or both accepted. May have more than one style of dance. Can also include acting & singing.- *Productions are all one level, age group, and category.
• – A routine that uses the sounds of tap shoes striking the floor as a form of percussion, emphasizing clarity.
• – Must use taps on shoes.
• – No tap sounds may be in the music (point deductions will be made).
• – A singing presentation in any genre or music.
• – Timing, musical range, & pitch are judged.
• – May be done a cappella.
• – NO lead vocals are permitted on the music (point deductions will be made).
• – Background vocals are permitted. That’s Entertainment can provide 2 Microphones and/or XLR cables. (Requests for equipment or any other special needs must be made through the DanceEra description box at the time of entry). *Schools are more than welcome to bring their own microphones, XLR cables, and equipment for their performances.
◦ For Duets/Trios & Groups the average age determines the age division in which they will compete.
◦ Productions, Parents, Student/Teachers & Adult Routines are all one Age Division.
◦ Age is as of January 1st for Regionals & Nationals.
◦ Proof of age may be required.
• Mini Dancers: 6 & under (must compete in the rising star level)
• Junior: 7-9 10-12
• Senior: 13-15 16-18
|DUET/TRIO||2 – 3 COMPETITORS|
|SMALL GROUPS||4 – 9 COMPETITORS|
|LARGE GROUPS||10 – 19 COMPETITORS|
|MEGA GROUPS||20 OR MORE COMPETITORS|
|PRODUCTION||15 OR MORE COMPETITORS|
Levels of Ability
TE LEVELS ARE NOT BY HOURS OR HOW MANY DAYS COMPETITORS TRAIN. THEY SHOULD BE PLACED BY THEIR LEVEL OF ABILITY IN EACH CATEGORY.
The same dancers can be in different levels. For example, your prima ballerina (All Star Level) may still be a beginner (Rising Star Level) Tapper.
Directors use your professional judgment in placing your students in their perspective levels.
• Modeling routines are all one level.
• Productions, Parent, Student/Teachers & Adult Routines are all one level, age group and category.
RISING STAR (recreational/beginner level)
• This level is for beginners who may or may not have competed before and their technique has not yet reached an intermediate level.
• All ages 6 & under must compete in this level.
• This level is recommended for all performers between 7-9 years old.
• You may be any age if you are at a beginner level proficiency.
• Competitors should focus on beginner dance technique & proper grooming.
• Dance positions should be executed without sickled feet.
• Fouette turns, Turns A La Seconde, Wings, Toe Touches, Aerials, Back Hand Springs and other intermediate and/or advanced moves are not recommended for this level.
*Pointe is not permitted in this level.
Vocal & Instrumental:
• Competitors should work on songs that are easy to perform.
• Competitors should focus on songs with small numbers of high notes, long notes, and/or pitch changes.
SHOOTING STAR (intermediate level)
• For competitors who have advanced beyond the beginner level.
• Competitors should be working on intermediate and advanced technique.
• You may be any age 7 & up if you are at an intermediate level proficiency.
Dance & Acro:
• Choreography should contain more advanced elements such as understanding of alignment and being able to perform complicated progressions and turn combinations cleanly.
• Competitors at this level should have smooth connection of movement, transitions, musicality, and group precision.
Vocal & Instrumental:
• Competitors should focus on songs that are challenging to sing &/or perform.
• Competitors should focus on song with a fair amount high notes, long notes, and/or pitch changes.
ALL STAR (advanced level)
Dance, Acro, Vocal & Instrumental:
• Technique should be superb, meticulous and flawless.
• At an advanced level, you are considered ready for auditions and potential professional opportunities.
• Performance level that welcomes all special needs performers. Positive critiques will be based on performers abilities with no point deductions for physical challenges. All performers receive awards. Special needs performers are also welcome in any of our other levels.
SHINING STAR (student choreography)
• Students who choose to choreograph their own routine.
• Students must not have received any assistance from any, teacher or choreographer.
• It must be original work and must not be taken from any other source (ex. YouTube, etc.)
The following are all one level, age group, and category.
• 15 OR MORE PERFORMERS
• Portrays a theme, Story, Broadway Musical, Play, Movie etc.
• Should have props small, large or both accepted.
• May have more than one style of dance.
• Can also include acting & singing.
• Productions are all one level, age group, and category.
Any routines containing parents. *Teachers are welcome to compete in this category with the parents. *
Routines that combine students and teachers.
Scores & Awards
• Scores are based on 3 judges, with a maximum of 100 points per judge.
• General appearance – costuming, make-up, tights, shoes, music, dance style/moves that are age appropriate.
• Once your name or routine is announced you are being judged.
• Judges are looking for clean routines that contain difficulty, proper technique, timing & flow, combined with enthusiasm, energy, and enjoyment.
Ordinal / Adjudicated Scoring & Awards
All routines are adjudicated & ordinally scored.
*TIES ARE BROKEN BY THE JUDGES. (Judge’s Decisions are Final)
All routines are eligible for placement & adjudication.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place is awarded in each category.
(Exp. 10-12yrs Lyrical, Rising Star Level, 1st, 2nd 3rd will be awarded)
If there is only 1 entry in a Rising Star, Shooting Star & All Star level you must achieve the minimum score below to receive a 1st place:
Rising Star: 280 Shooting Star: 285 All Star: 290
SILVER GOLD HIGH GOLD
264.4 and below 264.5 – 270.5 270.6 – 276.6
SOLID GOLD SOLID GOLD PLUS PLATINUM PLATINUM PLUS
276.7 – 282.7 282.8 – 288.8 288.9 – 294.9 295 – 300
1st, 2nd & 3rd place
Groups competitors will each receive an adjudicated pin or ribbon and a placement award given to the studio.
Solo & D/T competitors will each receive a placement award and adjudicated pin or ribbon.
After 3rd Place
Groups will receive a plaque given to the studio. Competitors will each receive an adjudicated pin or ribbon.
Solos & D/T competitors will each receive a medal and adjudicated pin or ribbon.
Productions will be announced during the Top/High Score Awards.
Top Scores & Awards
• Dance & Acro are combined for Top/High Scores, Vocal & Modeling are separated.
• Modeling routines are all one level.
• Productions are all one level, age group and category.
• Shining Star, Parent & Student/Teacher routines are not eligible for Top/High Scores.
• *TIES ARE BROKEN BY THE JUDGES. (Judge’s Decisions are Final)
Top 5 &/or 10
• Given to Mini (6 & Under), Junior (7-9 &/or 10-12) & Senior (13-15 &/or 16-18), Adults (19 & up) for Rising Star, Shooting Star & All Star levels in solos, duet/trios, (small groups, large groups, mega groups are combined).
• If there are less than 5 routines for an age, level &division then Top Scores will not be announced.
• There must be a minimum of 5 routines in each age, level & division for JR (7-9/10-12) or SR (13-15/16-18) to be awarded separately.
• If there are less than 5 in each age all JR’s will be combined & all SR’s will be combined.
• If there are 10 or more routines in each age, level &division then Top 10 will be announced.
Shining Star (Student Choreography) – If there are 3 or more Shining Star’s throughout the event all ages will be combined and recognized in placement order (Top 3, 5 or 10 can be announced).
Top Scores & Awards – PRODUCTIONS
• There must be 3 or more productions to award a skyscraper trophy.
• Our Skyscraper (6’+) Trophy is awarded to the studio & adjudicated pins or ribbons to each competitor for our 1st place Highest Scoring Production.
• A placement award will be given to the studio & adjudicated pins or ribbons to each competitor for 2nd & 3rd place.
• A plaque will be given to the studio & adjudicated pins or ribbons to each competitor for all production’s after 3rd place
Overall High Scores
▪ Overall High Score of the event combine’s JR/SR routines in each level. Dance/Acro combined & Vocal/Instrumental combined for separate Overall High scores in each level, Rising Star, Shooting Star and All Star Levels are awarded. There must be 20 or more in Dance/Acro & Vocal/Instrumental to announce an Overall High Score separately. If not, they will be combined for OHS. The Studio will receive the Overall HS Trophy, competitors receive HS ribbons.
Titles Information & Awards
Title Age Divisions: JR & SR Competitors interested in Scholarships must compete in the Title category at Regionals to be eligible for Title & Scholarships at National. (See 2018 National Final Details & Awards segment)
Mini Miss &/or Mister: 6 & Under, JR Miss &/or Mister: 7-12yrs ,SR Miss &/or Mister: 13 -18yrs
• There must be 3 or more competitors in the Mini, JR (7-9/10-12) & SR (13-15/16-18) to separate JR & SR ages as well as Miss &/or Mister for all ages.
• If there are less than 3 Titlists, in the JRS (7-12) & SRS (13-18) as well as Miss and/or Mister including the Mini age division they will be combined.
• Competitors registering in our title solo category compete in their regular solo division for adjudication, ordinal & title scores. These solos will be eligible for Top Scores. The Highest scoring competitor wins.
Top 3 will be announced
• 1st place Mini, JR & SR Miss That’s Entertainment wins the Title, Crown and Sash. 1st place Mini, JR & SR Mister That’s Entertainment wins the Title, Medallion and Sash.
• 2nd& 3rd Place runner ups receive pins & ribbons.
Additional Awards Information
JUDGE’S Special Awards: given by the judges, 1 Certificate given to the studio and special award ribbons to each competitor.
TE Elite Team Award – 1 Certificate given to each competitor chosen
• Judges will choose a select group of competitors at each regionals.
• All participants who have been chosen for the Elite Team and attend Nationals must attend with their studio and a qualified entry fees.
• Elite Team members must attend Nationals to be eligible to participate in the team workshop, showcase and to be featured in our next Anti-bullying/Social Issue Music Videos. Competitors should be willing to travel to the designated location of the video shoots.
• Team Members will have a private Team workshop and a special performance segment in the National Finals Showcase.
• Team members may be asked to back up dance for Vocalist winners, for live performances.
• You can find That’s Entertainment Presents “Dance It Out” Vol. 1 & 2 available now on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play and all other digital stores! Click Here to buy Volume 2 and Click Here to Buy Volume 1. You can also watch all music videos released on the That’s Entertainment YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWIlPrQWehA
◦ Each studio must enter a minimum of 3 Large Groups, Mega Groups &/or Productions at Regionals to qualify for a nomination.
◦ Judges will nominate & award 1 routine from each studio, based on entertainment value that will vie for the Entertainer of the Year at Nationals.
Special Awards: Presented to Studio’s
◦ Judge’s Choice
2018 National Finals Information
” Dance To The Future! “
◦ 2018 Nationals Theme “Dance to The Future” (Q: What is Dance to The Future? Answer: Space, Stars, Lights, Futuristic, etc.)
◦ All Competitors Receiving a High Gold or higher are Eligible for the National Finals.
◦ Please view the 2018 Tour Page to find the National Location host hotel Rates, Cut Off & Cancelation Dates.
◦ 1st day of all Nationals begin with Last Chance Regionals, followed by solos and possibly duet/trios. Tentative Schedule will be posted on our Parent Page shortly. Please keep in mind schedules are customized based on entries received and subject to change. Be aware of special group rate hotel cancellation policies. TE will be unable to provide the itinerary by the cancellation date.
◦ Three National Finals to choose from! 2018 NATIONALS SCHEDULE – CLICK HERE
◦ All National Competitors can participate in our FREE workshops and Showcase at the Final Award Ceremony.
◦ All participants who have been chosen for the TE Elite Team and attend Nationals must attend with their studio and a qualified entry of fees.
◦ TE Elite Team Members must be available for the entire National Finals Event (Schedule flexibility is a must).
◦ TE Elite Team members must attend Nationals to be eligible to participate in the team workshop, showcase and to be featured in our next Anti-bullying/Social Issue Music Videos. Competitors should be willing to travel to the designated location of the video shoots.
◦ TE Elite Team Members will have a private Team workshop and a special performance segment in the National Finals Showcase.
◦ Showcase Requirements: attending the workshops you’re interested in, the Dress Rehearsal & the purchase of the pre-ordered Nationals or TE Elite Team T-shirts (Additional costuming TBA.) Attendance at the workshops & dress rehearsal is your commitment to participate in the National Finals Showcase.
◦ National Finals Light Up Party & “Rep Your Studio” Dance Off Battle.
◦ Titles/Scholarships, Entertainer of The Year Cup and more.
Additional Nationals Awards
◦ Competitors interested in Scholarships must compete in the Title category at Regionals to be eligible for Title & Scholarships at National.
◦ Directors must fill out an entry form for each qualified competitor and return it with your National Finals entries.
• MINI REQUIREMENTS (6 & Under) – Minimum of 2 routines, including their Title solo and duet/trio or group performance.
• JUNIOR REQUIREMENTS (7-12yrs) – Minimum of 3 routines in 2 different performance categories, including their Title solo, duet/trio or group performances.
• SENIOR REQUIREMENTS (13-18yrs) – Minimum of 4 routines in 2 different performance categories, including their Title solo, duet/trio or group performances.
◦ Q&A and Composite scores will be used to determine the Title Winners. Highest score wins. Top 3 will be announced. Please Note: On Stage question will take place during the National Event.
◦ Highest Scoring Title winners within the JR & SR age divisions will win the Scholarship. We are combining Miss & Mister for the Scholarship prize. There must be 5 or more competitors in both the JR & SR age divisions for scholarships to be awarded at each Nationals.
▪ That’s Entertainment will award a check no less than $250 to each scholarship winner. Checks will be made out to the studio to be applied towards the competitor’s studio tuition the following season. (Money is raised during each Regional and National Event to increase scholarships)
▪ 1st place Mini, JR & SR Miss TE wins the Title, Crown and Sash.
▪ 2-3rd place Mini, JR & SR Miss TE runner up’s win a Crown.
▪ 1st place Mini, JR & SR Mister TE win’s the Title, Crown and Sash.
▪ 2-3rd place Mini, JR & SR Mister TE runner up’s win a Plaques.
Entertainer of the Year Cup, Not One but Two ways to vie for the cup!
• Judges Choice: Enter a minimum of (3) large groups, mega groups and/or productions at Regionals. The judges will nominate & award (1) routine at regionals that will vie for the EOTY at Nationals.
• Directors Choice: Directors of each studio will nominate 1 large group, mega group and/or production as well to compete for EOTY at Nationals.
• Each Studio must enter their routine nominated by the judges and qualified entry fees.
• This Special Cup is awarded to one routine at each National Finals based solely on its Entertainment value.
• At Nationals, the Judge’s will select the Top 3 EOTY Nominees to perform again at our National Finals Awards Ceremony. After the Top 3 Nominees performances, a 1st place winner will be awarded!
Who Will Win The Cup? Will It Be You?
“FREE Single & Music Video” Awarded to Top National Vocalist
Sponsored by: Foreign Republic Media Group, LLC
◦ This award goes to the highest scoring SR Vocalist in the Shooting Star and/or All Star Level. There must be 5 or more competitors to be eligible for this award. The winner will be awarded a FREE original single written, produced, recorded, mixed, mastered and a music video! Winners are invited to perform their single with TE Elite Team back up dancers at any TE events the following season.
Rep Your Studio Awards: Not One but Two chances to win a “Rep Your Studio Award”
Team Spirit (Entire Nationals Event)
• The studio with the best team energy will win the “Rep Your Studio Team Spirit Award”. Team Spirit consists of studio team shirts, hats, signs, pants, jackets, etc. Parents, and visitors can also be involved with supporting the studio of their choice.
• Winners will be announced at our National Finals Closing Award Ceremony.
*NOTE – Judges and staff will be judging throughout the entire event. Make your studios proud by showing good sportsmanship to everyone. Support your fellow classmates, wear your studio gear and be proud to Rep Your Studio.
Dance Battle (Nationals Party)
• The studio Battle winner is presented the “Rep Your Studio Dance Battle Award”.
• Battle will consist of all styles of dance. You may choreograph or freestyle.
• Everyone will have 1 minute to battle.
• Music is DJ’s choice.
|VIDEO & PHOTO SERVICES AVAILABLE|
In Partnership with, LSP (Limitless Services Productions)
Looking for Video and/or Photo services for your next Recital and/or Event/Parties, Look no Further! LSP provides it all including recaps, reels, music and/or dance videos, etc. For a more detailed list of our services click the link MEDIA PAGE & SERVICES – CLICK HERE!
How to activate your child’s Video/Photo account:
Complimentary Video’s & Photos of your competitor’s personal performances take 2-4 weeks to be posted to your account. That’s Entertainment & Limitless Services Productions are not responsible for any corrupted videos or photos.
|FOR NEW ACCOUNTS ONLY!|
|PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS|
Go to Parents-Dancers- Find Studio & Claim Account on the right-hand side. (Do not login in or register to create a new account on the left-hand side)
Select the event you attended & your studio name.
Now look for your child’s name and put in your email and create a password.
Once you have activated and claimed your account go to www.danceera.com/, log in with your email and password that you created when you claimed your account.
Once you are logged in, click on our Regionals and/or Nationals Event.
Next to each routine you will see a video/photo zip file. Click on the folder you want to download and it will download onto your computer.
|You will have 6 months to download all your photos and videos.|
|REMINDER! These instructions will NOT work on a cell phone, tablet or any other mobile device. You must follow these instructions on a Desktop or Laptop computer only!|
HAVING TROUBLE? If you do not see your performers name in the drop down to claim their account, viewing or missing videos & photos, please email Limitless Services Productions at email@example.com. Be sure to include your performers name, studio name, location & date of the event, along with the issue you are having. Emails will be answered within 2-3 business days.
Office Hours are Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursdays from 9:00am – 5:00pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (856) 432-2051.
|MUSIC, DJ and EVENT PRODUCTION SERVICES|
In Partnership with FOREIGN REPUBLIC MEDIA GROUP, LLC!
Office Hours are Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursdays from 9:00am – 5:00pm. Interested in our Services? Email email@example.com or call (856) 345-9819