|Audio by Janine / Registration & Office Manager|
Thank you for being your performer’s #1! Through your support they have become the performers who light up our stages and entertain our audiences. We are honored to have your performer participate with us and look forward to entertaining you at our family-fun events. To help your experience be the most it can be please keep these tips in mind:
PARENTS PAGE TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Click on one of the categories below to get full details:
MEDIA (Photos and Video)
For our 2017 Season, That’s Entertainment will be partnering with LIMITLESS SERVICES PRODUCTIONS. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Call (856) 432-2051 Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays Only 9:00am – 5:00pm.
*Photos & Videos of your competitor’s personal performances are now Free!
*Photos & Videos will take 2-4 weeks after the event to be uploaded to your account.
That’s Entertainment and Limitless Services Productions are not responsible for any corrupted videos or photos.
How to Find Your Performer’s Video and Photos from our Events:
Use the button below to claim your account.
Once you have activated and claimed your account please go to http://thatsentertainmentpa.danceera.com/ and Log In with your email and password that you created when you Claimed your account. Once you are logged in, click on RESULTS. On the Right hand side, next to each routine you will see a video/photo zip file. Click on the folder you want to download and it will download onto your computer.
(*These instructions do not work on iPads, Tablets, and/or cell phones. It works on Computers and Laptops only!)
HAVING TROUBLE VIEWING OR DOWNLOADING your Pictures & Videos?
If you do not see your performers name in the drop down to claim their account or are missing any videos or photos, please email Limitless Services Productions at email@example.com. When sending the email, please include your performers name, studio name, location & date of the event. Emails will be answered within 2-3 business days.
Use of small props are permitted in each category if the dance is not dependent on them.
5 acrobatic moves/passes are allowed in any routine, except for routines in the categories of Acro, Character/Musical Theatre, Hip Hop, Open/Specialty & Productions. In these five categories there is no limit.
If you are unsure which category to enter, Open/Specialty is recommended.
Lip Sync is only permitted in Character/Musical Theatre, Open/Specialty or during Production Routines.
We offer casting opportunities for dancers and vocalists. Through our TE ELITE TEAM & “DANCE IT OUT” Albums & Music Videos.
– Style of dance that combines classical dance technique with precision acrobatic elements. It is defined by its athletic character, its unique choreography, which seamlessly blends dance and acrobatics, and its use of acrobatics in a dance context (must have at least 50% acrobatic moves).
– An artistic dance form performed to music using precise and highly formalized set steps and gestures performed in soft Ballet slippers. Classical ballet is characterized by light, graceful, fluid movements.
– A form of theatrical performance that can combine, songs, spoken dialogue, lip sync, acting, and dance.
– A type of folk dance in which the dancer’s footwear is used percussively by striking the heel, the toe, or both against a floor or each other to create audible rhythms, usually to the downbeat with the heel keeping the rhythm.
– Refers to street dance styles primarily performed to hip-hop music or that have evolved as part of hip-hop culture. It includes a wide range of styles primarily breaking, locking and popping. All tricks permitted.
– A routine consisting of jazz technique, utilizing isolation, flexibility, jumps, etc.
– Classic or funk, not street or hip-hop.
– A routine that has lyrics & expresses the lyrics/storyline of the song, utilizing balance, extension & expression.
MODELING: (contestants/competitors must provide their own music)
– Will be judged on the presence & personality, overall appearance, and the sense of style & charm.
– Long gowns are to be worn during formal modeling.
– Should be performed to fun & upbeat music.
– Attire can include “off the rack” or custom made clothing and should complement the style & personality of the routine & contestant.
– A routine using balance & control, contractions, fall/recovery, abstract or contemporary movements or routines more concentrated on choreographic and performing processes of utilizing ground work and level changes.
– May include classical & modern movement.
– This category is to accommodate dances that do not fit in any other categories.
– Routines that include two or more dance styles.
– For performers who have more than one routine in a particular category.
– In an Open/Specialty routine, there is no limit to the acrobatic tricks.
– Also includes specialty routines such as Ballroom, Irish Step, Ethnic, Folkloric, Pom/Cheer, Baton, Novelty, Song & Dance, and Lip-Sync
– A routine that may be classical or contemporary style-wise, but MUST consist of classic pointe technique.
– 75% of routine must be performed on pointe & using pointe shoes only.
– Only open to SHOOTING STAR & ALL STAR levels.
– 15 OR MORE PERFORMERS (Portraying a theme, story, Broadway musical, play, movie etc. Normally has Props, large and or small, at times more than one style of dance. Can also include acing & singing. *Productions are all one level, age group, and category.
– A routine that uses the sounds of tap shoes striking the floor as a form of percussion, emphasizing clarity.
– Must use taps on shoes.
– No tap sounds may be in the music (point deductions will be made).
– A singing presentation in any style.
– Timing, musical range, & pitch are judged.
– May be done a cappella.
– NO lead vocals are permitted on the music (point deductions will be made).
– Background vocals are permitted.
Mini Dancers: 6 & under (must compete in the rising star level)
Junior: 7-9 10-12
Senior: 13-15 16-18
Adult: 19 & up
|DUET/TRIO||2 – 3 COMPETITORS|
|SMALL GROUPS||4 – 9 COMPETITORS|
|LARGE GROUPS||10 – 19 COMPETITORS|
|MEGA GROUPS||20 OR MORE COMPETITORS|
|PRODUCTION||15 OR MORE COMPETITORS|
All competitors should have impeccable grooming & all groups should be uniform in their hair, makeup, costume, tights, and shoes. Studio owners should use their judgment in placing their students in their perspective levels.
Please keep in mind that the same dancers can be in different levels depending on their level of Technique in each genre. For example, your prima ballerina (All Star Level) may still be a beginner (Rising Star Level) in Tap.
Modeling routines are all one level.
Productions are all one level, age group and category.
RISING STAR (recreational/beginner level)
Dance & Acro:
SHOOTING STAR (intermediate level)
Dance & Acro:
ALL STAR (advanced level): New this season JR’s can participate in this level
Dance, Acro & Vocal:
SHINING STAR (student choreography)
All routines are adjudicated & ordinally scored. Awards are given to each person in a solo, duet, or trio. Awards are given to each routine in a small group, large group, mega group and production.
Competitors who do not compete in their scheduled category and/or don’t complete a routine for any reason (i.e. Leaves the stage etc.) will be adjudicated only and will not be eligible for placement or Top/High Scores.
Titles (New This Season)
NEW! Only 1st 2nd & 3rd place Titleist are eligible for our Scholarships at our National Finals. (See 2017 National Final Detail & Awards segment form more information.)
Mini: (ages 6 & under), Junior: (ages 7-9, 10-12), Senior: (ages 13-15, 16-18), Adult: (ages 19 & up) are eligible for placement & adjudication.
– If there is only 1 entry in a Rising Star, Shooting Star & All Star level you must achieve the minimum score below to receive a first place:
Rising Star: 280 Shooting Star: 285 All Star: 290
1st, 2nd and 3rd place is awarded in each category. (Exp. 10-12yrs Lyrical, Rising Star Level, 1st, 2nd 3rd will be awarded a placement award)
SILVER GOLD HIGH GOLD
264.4 and below 264.5 – 270.5 270.6 – 276.6
SOLID GOLD SOLID GOLD PLUS PLATINUM PLATINUM PLUS
276.7 – 282.7 282.8 – 288.8 288.9 – 294.9 295 – 300
1st, 2nd & 3rd place Group & Production competitors will each receive an adjudicated pin or ribbon and a placement award given to the studio. Solo & D/T competitors will each receive a placement award and adjudicated pin or ribbon.
Groups after 3rd place will receive a plaque given to the studio. Competitors will each receive an adjudicated pin or ribbon.
Solos & Duet/Trio’s after 3rd place all competitors will receive a medal and adjudicated pin or ribbon.
Productions will be announced during the Top/High Score Awards.
TOP/HIGH SCORES & AWARDS
Mini 6 & Under – Eligible for Top 5 and/or Top 10 in all Solos, Duet/Trios & Groups for ages 6 & Under. Not Eligible for Overall High score of the event.
Juniors 7-12yrs & Seniors 13-18yrs – Eligible for Top 5 and/or Top 10 in all Solos, Duet/Trio’s, Groups and all levels. Eligible for Overall High Score in Shooting Star & All Star Levels.
Adults 19 & Up – Not Eligible for Top/High Scores and/or Overall High Scores
How to qualify:
Top/High Score Awards for Productions.
OVERALL HIGH SCORES & AWARDS
CERTIFICATE’S are awarded to the school for all 1st place Top/High Scoring winners in the Shooting Star, All Star Levels, Overall High Score & Sportsmanship.
JUDGE’S Special Awards: given by the judges: 1 Certificate given to the studio and special award ribbons to each competitor.
TE Elite Performance Team Award – 1 Certificate given to each competitor chosen
Additional Awards:1 Award given to the Studio
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (All Title Competitors)
Not One but Two ways to vie for the cup!
Who Will Win The Cup? Will It Be You?
Sponsored by: Foreign Republic Media Group, LLC
*NOTE – Judges and staff will be judging throughout the entire event. Make your studios proud by showing good sportsmanship between others and your own school. Support your fellow classmates, wear your studio gear throughout the event and be proud to Rep Your Studio.